Unilever 2018 Fall Co-op - Customer Development, Data Science in Toronto, Ontario
Background & Purpose of the Job
Working closely with Customer Teams, Strategy Development, Smart Data and other cross functional team members, this exciting role will provide you with hands on opportunity to support our Customer Development function on various initiatives.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with functional teams to drive business by leveraging Data Science and Predictive Analytics.
- Support CD data management processes - acquiring, transforming and storing massive volume of structured and unstructured data.
- Identify data automation opportunities for improvement and recommend alternative plans.
- Work with Smart Data, Category Management, Business Operations and Net Revenue Management teams to build, maintain and improve pricing elasticity and forecasting predictive models using statistical packages/software (Alteryx/R, SPSS).
- Support Smart Data team in development, testing and delivery of cloud based solutions to CD and cross-functional teams.
- Manage product and customer mapping activity of Unilever Business Analytics Toolkit (Einstein).
- Conduct processing and validation of customer Point Of Sale data and develop action plans to address improvement and automation opportunities.
- Participate in special projects.
The successful candidate must have the ability to develop statistical models, strong analytical skills and competency in statistics. Knowledge of one or more modeling platforms including Alteryx Designer, SPSS Modeler or R and Python is a plus. Knowledge of BI visualization tools like Tableau/Power Bi is a nice to have. We seek outgoing, dynamic and energetic individuals that thrive in a team environment. Prior Customer Development experience is not required. Additionally, successful candidates will possess exceptional interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills, along with practical creativity and the ability to take initiative. Depending on performance, this role has the potential to be extended to an 8 or 12 month term.
This position is located at our Corporate Head Office, 160 Bloor Street East, Toronto, which is easily accessible via the TTC.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 orNAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Job: Customer Development
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180007B2