Unilever Sr. Factory Transportation Planner in Shelton, Connecticut
Senior Factory Transportation Planner
* Shelton, CT *
* Background and Purpose of the Job *
The Senior Factory Transportation Planner is responsible for coordinating physical distribution needs for inbound/outbound orders for specific Unilever sites (sites identified for management by this role may be a combination of the following: Higher shipment volume, Low seasonality, High complexity.) This individual will monitor and execute the tendering strategy, order consolidation, exception management, and transportation capacity planning. The individual will be the primary Transportation point of contact for Procurement, Manufacturing and Material Planning within a specific category. This role is also responsible for the analysis and improvement of on-time shipments and transportation OTIF loss to the organization. The role will also have project management responsibility including but not limited to; OTM capability development, transportation process design, ZBB (zero based budget) funnel management, sourcing strategy input and cross functional continuous improvement.
* Who You are and What You’ll Do *
* You’re a born leader :* You will execute the transportation planning process for all orders inbound and outbound to a factory (Order tendering, International material orders, Order consolidation, Capacity Planning, Truckload Utilization, Exception Management, etc.)
* You’re a dot connector:* You will Interact and build positive relationships with internal departments and external partners (ie, Procurement, SC Planning, Warehousing, Manufacturing plants, Co-Packers, SC Capabilities, Logistics Procurement, Logistics Operations, 3PM Logistics) to achieve business and customer service goals.
* You’re a changemaker:* You will monitor, identify gaps and collaboratively plan carrier equipment needs with plants, co-packers (Capacity planning, Trailer pools, etc.). You will collaboratively work with internal and external customers to measure performance and improve the KPIs on many reports and processes.
* You’re a paradox navigator:* You will continuously resolve SAP Workflow IDOC errors, incl. ROI/TMS business workplace errors. You will utilize your highly analytical skills using MS-Excel, SAP and MS-Access.
* What You Need to Succeed *
Education: Bachelors degree required & relevant experience (supply chain and logistics experience, warehousing, transportation, planning, general concept of network design)
Work Experience: 3 years work experience preferred
Clear competence in Logistics and Supply Chain. Strong understanding of order to cash process, deployment, warehousing and transportation.
Must have in depth working knowledge with numerous systems including: SAP (or other ERP), OTM, Excel, LBC, CASSPORT, Tableau and Access
* What We Can Offer You *
Culture for Growth * |* Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits * |* Every Voice Matters * |* Global Reach * |* Life at Unilever * |* Careers with Purpose * |* World Class Career Development Programs * |* Check Out Our Space * |* Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Shelton-Shelton - 3 Corporate Drive
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Dec-26-2018
Req ID: 18000E24