Unilever 2019 Supply Chain Fall Co-Op: Manufacturing in Raeford, North Carolina
This is a 6 month coop rotation and a full time role. You must be able to work full time from June through December of 2019.
A better business. A better world. A better you.At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Background & Purpose of the Job
Be a part of the 170K global employees that make Unilever one of the best companies in the world to work for! Forbes has listed Unilever as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” and Wayup rated Unilever’s internship program in the top 20. One of our 400 brands is used daily by more than 2.5 billion people globally! We are looking for outstanding talent to join our factory teams located at manufacturing sites in the following locations: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Are you a future Supply Chain Leader? If so, Unilever is looking for YOU to join our factory teams! In this role you will be driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using a World Class Manufacturing (WCM) operating framework. Project work can include focus on warehousing, engineering, robotics and automation, process reliability or manufacturing. The CoOp Program is the primary pathway to beginning a Supply Chain career at Unilever! The purpose of the CoOp Program is to introduce you to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers you the opportunity to lead a project and build your knowledge to become the next Unilever Future Leader! During your 6 month CoOp, you will develop your leadership style, strengthen your analytical skills, and refine your presentation skills. As a Supply Chain CoOp, you will be paired with a mentor who will support you during your internship. Upon completion of your internship, you may be invited to join Unilever as a full-time employee.
- You’re a dot connector: You bridge our current Supply Chain practices to the future with innovative ideas and solutions.
- You’re a story teller: You will experience life in a Unilever factory and will become the voice to future Unilever talent.
- You lead & inspire bold creative work: You will have an active role in employee relations programs in your factory and drive positive employee relations through various reward and recognition programs.
- You love to win and have fun doing it: You will have the opportunity to have fun, get your voice heard and impact real change
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Pursuing a BS in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial), Logistics, Operations, or Supply Chain Management
- Can work for the full 6-month CoOp full time.
- Interested in developing a career in Supply Chain
- Record of academic excellence with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to relocate and willingness to work in one of Unilever's factory locations
- Interested in exploring multi-functional assignments within Engineering, Operations, Logistics, Procurement & Planning
- Exceptional computer skills
Possible work locations: Covington, TN; Hammond, IN; Henderson, NV; Independence, MO; Jefferson City, MO; Jonesboro, AR, Kilbourn, IL; New Century, KS; Raeford, NC; Sikeston, MO; St. Albans, VT, Suffolk, VA; or Waterbury, VTLife at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application -Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment -After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview –Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center –Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 orNAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raeford
Other Locations: United States-Kansas-New Century, United States-Missouri-Sikeston, United States-Indiana-Hammond, United States-Vermont-St. Albans, United States-Arkansas-Jonesboro, United States-Missouri-Jefferson City, United States-Tennessee-Covington, United States-Vermont-Waterbury, United States-Missouri-Independence, United States-Nevada-Henderson, United States-Illinois-Chicago
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 190000FY