Unilever 2019 Unilever Future Leaders Program - Information Technology in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Work alongside brilliant and inspiring business leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us. Get a glimpse into life at Unilever and discover how you can help make a better business, a better world and a better you.
Background and Purpose of the Job
Information technology and digital programs are the cornerstone of business success. As an IT Unilever Future Leader (UFL) you will lead Unilever in enabling innovation, delivering change, and ensuring technology stability for our company’s success. An IT professional at Unilever learns and masters the changing technology landscape to improve operations and keep Unilever at the forefront of change. This rotational opportunity will give you exposure to new technology and allow you to directly influence the path that Unilever takes.
You will not be alone in this effort. Unilever employs industry leading professionals in every area of our business. You will learn and become a synergizing force for knowledge and change in this role.
Key Management Technology Track Rotations:
The pace of change in technology is rapid. Partnering with external 3rd parties and internal tech teams, you will lead this change by landing key innovations. Sitting together with local teams and partnering with key business functions, an IT UFL insures that the innovations are designed for Unilever’s needs and are effective on day 1. Partnership in North America means knowing the tech opportunities, programs, and global knowledge, to guide business functions through the IT world. You will learn and provide strategic partnership with these business functions to ensure that technology is an advantage, and not a risk.
Information and Analytics
“Data is the new Oil”. Data is the key enabler for today’s fastest growing industries. Technology to support the collection, analysis, and presentation of data will shape the way Unilever grows and succeeds in todays economy. As an IT UFL you will enable and support the core technologies that deal with data at a massive scale. Learning and leading in these skills, I&A enabled team members will initiate transformative projects to bring clear and valuable data to our business.
IT Support Services
Day to day operations ensure that the new technology and innovations can be used by all our employees. The IT support landscape must be understood and enabled for success. An IT UFL can identify risk, and plan process changes to ensure that technology works for Unilever and does not slow down productivity.
As technology and processes change, the people that use this technology must meet that change head on. Unilever IT professions must support the communities they enable. Strong partnership in change management is key, as ways of working evolve for greater speed and agility.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
The Unilever Future Leaders Program (UFLP) is a global initiative enabling Unilever to build a strong talent pipeline that will support and lead our business growth.UFLP is a 36-month rotational leadership development program for which we recruit top-performing undergraduate talent who demonstrate the potential to become managers within 3 years. You’ll be hired into a function and develop your leadership skills by working on live projects which offer you all the experience you need to become ready for your first management role.
Each of our UFLs will gain an understanding of how we make and sell our products, become immersed in our sustainability initiatives, understand and experience first-hand our global markets, and build people management skills and financial acumen.Along the way you will develop deep core professional skills and leadership through a robust support network of business professionals.
We look for people who want to know and experience the inner workings of a vast business. It’s about commitment, real people skills, and a passion for the fun and meaningful work at Unilever. Come live your purpose and grow with us.
How it works:
- 36-Month Rotation Program (3 rotations each 10-12 months)
- 1 Functional Roadmap Based on Your Business Area
- 1 Retail Experience
Each UFL journey begins with a Retail Rotation.UFLs will spend 8-12 weeks working alongside a retail representative within a local territory that spans a variety of customers. UFLs will gain a valuable perspective of the industry at the store level.
As a Global company Unilever offers the opportunity to travel and learn the unique differences that make each country and business area successful.
- Formal Training Informal Learning
- Mentorship Exposure to Senior Leaders Peer Network
- High Levels of Performance and Delivery
- Opportunity to compete for Manager-Level positions upon successful program completion
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Are you a Visionary… Who can Learn Leadership Fast?
- Are you a Flexible, Agile Change Agent?
- Are you a Champion of Sustainability in Business Practices & Growth?
- Are you a Proactive Learner?
- Are you an Adventurous Risk-Taker?
- Are you committed to diversity of thought and to creating a culture of Inclusion?
- Are you a Future Professional with Cultural Dexterity and Passion for Development?
- Are you Passionate about the “Fast Moving Consumer Goods” (FMCG) Industry?
- Do you own, use, and love Unilever’s brands?
- Do you want to have a real business impact from Day 1 of your career?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then you may be a Unilever Future Leader!
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications of Unilever Future Leaders:
- Successful completion of BA/BS degree preferably with a concentration in technology
- Technical Proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of FMCG industry
- Ability to take key data points and drive them into actionable insights
- Passion for delivering technology for business benefits
- Ability to be geographically mobile
- Experience in managing a project
- Self-motivated with high ambition to support deliverables
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness of performing well within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with a “can do” mentality
- Ability to manage time effectively
Possible work locations:
- Trumbull, CT or Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Potential for a short term assignment in various international locations
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000FIY