Unilever Associate Scientist, Consumer Science - Seventh Generation in Burlington, Vermont
Background & Purpose of the Job
The mission of Seventh Generation is to inspire a consumer revolution that nurtures the health of the next Seventh Generations. By establishing a talent powerhouse that brings our principles, practices and partnerships to life we will build the most trusted brand in the industry.
As the Associate Scientist, Consumer Science, you will work collaboratively across functions and product groups to support all aspects of Product Research and Claims to ensure product safety, authenticity, and a comprehensive and accurate product data management system.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Consumer Testing Research Coordination
- Coordinate consumer tests to support projects including subject recruitment, sample management, data collection, high level data analysis, result summary creation, and documentation management spanning a variety of scientific disciplines.
Consumer Safety testing
- Execute third party testing including but not limited to study design, coordination with labs, analysis, and reporting to generate performance, safety, authenticity, and environmental data for claims support and product qualification.
- Work closely with formulation chemists, packaging engineers, and regulatory affairs on various projects.
- Coordinate data requests from internal and external stakeholders and provide reports, presentations, and other materials as required.
- Use company consumer safety screening tools to assess products for safety.
- Execute competitive intelligence research including but not limited to working with marketing/sales to determine key competitors, designing and executing research studies to measure competitive product attributes, creating tools and reports for sales & marketing, and creating searchable databases/libraries of competitive data.
- Conduct regular market assessments of claims in key and adjacent categories to deliver: competitive landscape assessments, historical catalog of claims of key competitors, emerging trends, competitive advantages/disadvantages, and novel concepts for new claims territories.
You’re a strategy guru:You will create, document, and implement standard operating processes and procedures owned by Consumer Science team.
You’re a dot connector:You will work collaboratively with cross functional teams, internal and external stakeholders.
You’re a story teller:Through your research, you will produce concise and clear reports.
You’re a teacher:You will act as a subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science, Physical Science, or related discipline.
- Related experience (1-5 years) in R&D, preferably in consumer-packaged goods (homecare would be a major asset!).
- Strong verbal and written skills with intense attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in managing logistically complex projects and large volumes of data.
- Ability to conduct research and clearly and concisely report results.
- Capacity to flourish in an environment of rapid change and high ambiguity.
- Self-motivated with an enhanced ability to work independently.
- Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial environment and for a socially responsible business.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Proficiency with Product Vision, electronic notebook would be a plus.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests.
Primary Location: United States-Vermont-Burlington-Seventh Generation HQ
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180004B8